The following considerations are an outline of the envisaged utilisation.
The former Benedictine abbey will be developed as a place of contemplation.
To this end, facilities will be created in the abbey to make the following possible:
- Contemplation under the guidance of both Christian denominations to offer at least a temporary retreat from the bustle of our modern world for introspection
- A programme of educational and spiritual-historical seminars and courses (for instance Cistercians and Benedictines in the Harz region)
- Exhibitions, events and conferences
- Meeting place for musicians
- Lectures on the history of the Harz region in cooperation with the Harzverein für Geschichte und Altertumskunde [Harz Association of History and Archaeology]
- Courses in music-making and painting under expert guidance
- Master classes for art and painting
- Master classes for soloists and choirs
- Workshops for literature and theatre